• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More Fitting size questions from the PT pump

Olly

Okay, does anyone know what size the elbow is that is on the PT pump which the feed line connects to? My hose between my filter and pump takes a 13/16 wrench can't figure out what size the fitting on the pump is.... Also does anyone know where the cold start prime pump is plumbed into? My truck is an XM818 and a lot of the wiring and plumbing is not stock so I'm trying to weed through it just want to make sure I'm not looking for the wrong size fittings, and lines.
Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Okay, does anyone know what size the elbow is that is on the PT pump which the feed line connects to? My hose between my filter and pump takes a 13/16 wrench can't figure out what size the fitting on the pump is.... Also does anyone know where the cold start prime pump is plumbed into? My truck is an XM818 and a lot of the wiring and plumbing is not stock so I'm trying to weed through it just want to make sure I'm not looking for the wrong size fittings, and lines.
Thanks
Should be a #10 jic so 7/8 or 15/16 wrench. Most likely it's the 15/16. There are some #12 jic males on some feeds on the pumps it's a 1-1/8

The filter head is a SAE fitting since it has the o ring under the fitting so itll be a smaller size wrench"

Note : SAE fittings (base of fitting has a tightening nut) nd DOT air fittings take wrenches 1" 13/16, 5/8, 1/2" 3/8

JIC fittings (fittings with a cone shaped end) are 1-5/16 1-1/8" 15/16 for # 10s 3/4 for # 8s. 11/16 for #6s 9/16 for # 5s and #4s and 7/16 for #2s (2s are rare)

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to be care full of what bottom ports the primer is tapped off of. One of the ports is the high pressure and if you open the primer with the engine running it will peg out the primer gage. The problem with that port and pluming the primer to it is if the hose gets a hole it will be under pressure and fuel every where. There was a work order to drill and tap the elbow fitting that is on the PT. That elbow connects the hose to the canister. Look and see if your PT has two NPT plugs on the bottom.

I was reading threads for today after I posted here and look what I found. Here is what I was talking about where they taped the elbow fitting for the primer pump. The other pic shows the port that is high pressure and has the STE/ICE sending unit screwed into the bottom of the PT. The only problem there is if the primer line get a hole the PT will suck air.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks