• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Large format printed schematics

SausageGuy

While trying to chase wires down I realized schematics on a laptop/tablet suck. Took TM to a buddy that prints blue prints. Now have nice 16 x 24 paper version i can highlight. He said if anyone else needs them we can offer them in vender section. Any interest? He will even do the other TM pages as well.

coachgeo

While trying to chase wires down I realized schematics on a laptop/tablet suck. Took TM to a buddy that prints blue prints. Now have nice 16 x 24 paper version i can highlight. He said if anyone else needs them we can offer them in vender section. Any interest? He will even do the other TM pages as well.
yeah get us a price quote.... say maybe a few different quotes..... such has if he had only one person pony's upfront how much it would be? if 5 then it would be? (for schematic pages).

Did he combine the pages into one large print... or is it just a single page printed large format? Ask this cause another option would be if he has the software to combine the pages into one; then maybe he can offer that file to folk who can then project it onto a wall, or say on a sheet when in the field etc.

SausageGuy

He printed me 57 pages. All the elec, air, and hyd for MTV schematics. He thinks 40$ range. Checked shipping and boxes today so probably 45$ shipped.

coachgeo

He printed me 57 pages. All the elec, air, and hyd for MTV schematics. He thinks 40$ range. Checked shipping and boxes today so probably 45$ shipped.
is that each TM page enlarged by itself...... or a whole schematic made of a combination of TM pages, all put on one 16x24?? such as all elec. one page, all hyd, another page etc etc.

if that is each page separate.... there is online places who can do that and ship to you. Prices seem good?? Example

https://blueprintsprinting.com/pricing/

Last edited:

Ronmar

I don't know if bigger would make it any better. The PITA with the A0 schematic format is the need to shift between all the pages to follow any given circuit. I find I can do that way easier on my tablet...

coachgeo

I don't know if bigger would make it any better. The PITA with the A0 schematic format is the need to shift between all the pages to follow any given circuit. I find I can do that way easier on my tablet...
that was my point in asking if these pages he is referring to his friend can do are a combination of TM pages creating one large schematic..... or just enlarged copies of the TM page. Agree with you... Enlarged copies of single pages may not help much.... but combined pages sure as heck would.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that was my point in asking if these pages he is referring to his friend can do are a combination of TM pages creating one large schematic..... or just enlarged copies of the TM page. Agree with you... Enlarged copies of single pages may not help much.... but combined pages sure as heck would.
These are not designed in a way that they can be easily combined. Its not a priority in the drawing of them. They are the same format I used for years working for Daimler Commercial Buses. Not to sound crass but trying to combine these systems into a single sheet is a fool's errand.

SausageGuy

Sgt Jiggins thats no problem with me. Just wanted to make sure the people in here knew there are options. Just chasing starter wires involved 5 pages of zigzaging back and forth so the larger size really helped me out.

coachgeo

Unfortunately I do not think there is an A0 overall large format schematic to scan/copy from...
. Did some digging and apparently PDF's are very much like a vector file.... you can print or view them HUGE without pictulating. For printing just define size of paper before hand and print... no large format master needed.
. Someone mentioned that a good PDF editor can probably combine pages.....
. so using pdf editor it would seem on could cut and past; putting 4 or 5? schematics on a page with them spaced as if it was one giant schematic .... yet put some space between each schematic on that one page as well cause it has also been mentioned that each page's schematic are not on same scale so they do NOT match up .... so don't waste your time attempting to cut and past them together perfectly cause the wont. Thus the need for the spacing between each, so you can draw your own connecting wires/lines from one schematic to same wire on neighboring schematic.
. Save the new PDF file

now you can print or project this PDF pretty much as big as you want.

Last edited:

Rebuilder

. Did some digging and apparently PDF's are very much like a vector file.... you can print or view them HUGE without pictulating. For printing just define size of paper before hand and print... no large format master needed.
. Someone mentioned that a good PDF editor can probably combine pages.....
. so using pdf editor it would seem on could cut and past; putting 4 or 5? schematics on a page with them spaced as if it was one giant schematic .... yet put some space between each schematic on that one page as well cause it has also been mentioned that each page's schematic are not on same scale so they do NOT match up .... so don't waste your time attempting to cut and past them together perfectly cause the wont. Thus the need for the spacing between each, so you can draw your own connecting wires/lines from one schematic to same wire on neighboring schematic.
. Save the new PDF file

now you can print or project this PDF pretty much as big as you want.

Yep you are correct Coachgeo. You can combine PDFs in graphics programs like Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw and blow them up to whatever size you want. I found it helpful to just print them out on cheap 11x17 paper so I can highlight the circuits I'm working on.

20170709_184812.jpg

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's just a matter of alignment, I can hack that together. If it's more like the picture showing highlight running hither and yon, I'm probably not the one to capture that logic.

If you guys determine you want a larger/posterized version of the docs and will supply either hi quality (high dpi) PDFs or originals (TMs, papers, ...), I will gladly merge them into a single large document. I have the tools.

SJ/JD

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks for offering this, I have wiring diagrams on one page each 24" x 36" for the M35 and M151 i own and it makes it a whole lot easier to follow the circuits.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks