• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering bleeding help needed

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Guessing not allowed, but your on the right path. Every action... opposite reaction thing. A dap of grease and no vice action. Bending or warping up a stamped pulley is bad news. Maybe cast?? Shouldn't be that big a deal. Get some extra hands on the pulley. If it has a hole off to the the side, lock it up with something. The proper tool does all the work. Leave the hammer in the tool box. You can do it.

Grease, not the country, CAMO

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a tool to remove the pulley as well as a separate tool to install. Any parts store will have them in their loaner tools like autozone, O'reilly, advance, and better Napa's. Does not cost anything to use these tools just a deposit till return.

Pulley typically installed flush with the top of the pump stem and will also usually bottom out on saginaw gm style pumps.

Last edited:

Lazboytt

Sounds good. I don’t plan on using a hammer as the last person killed the other pulley. Thank you for all your guys help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NormB

kunUT8BrTTK9T+iuHtjMKQ.jpg

An ebay deal from about ten years back. Think it was about $220 delivered.

I disassembed it, sand blasted and parkerized it, then gave it a coating of I don't recall which rattle can paint.

Came with the lead jaw pads - and I bought a couple sets of other ones in rubber, aluminum and plastic.

One of the best tools in my shop. Planning on a place of honor for it in my new shop in TN. Soon.

I used an old leather belt on the pulley though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks