• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Assistence with MEP-803A diagrams

Guyfang

Staff member
Can anyone please look at TB5-11 and TB5-12 and tell me what wires are connected to what terminal? Also look at P4, (the plug that goes to the Malfunction Indicator) and see what wire goes to pin14 and 15? i am trying to get the wire numbers and placements at last done for the MEP-803 and 802 done.

Thanks!

Guy

Zed254

I looked at my machine and wires are kind of tight in there. I could not see what the wire numbers were coming off the terminals but both 11 and 12 had 2 wires in and 2 wires out. Image of TB5 is from ARMY TM9-6115-642-24. I could not find P4.

Attachments

Last edited:

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The above picture is correct. I went through my working set confirming these connections not long ago and went by the above diagram.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
P4 is the plug that fits onto the A2, Fault Indicator.

Here is the reason I want someone to look at BOTH the P4 and the TB5. The above diagram of TB5-11 has wires on one side, 137M (going to P4-14) and 137D (going to K19-A) and on the other side 137B (going to P4-15) and 137A (going to TB6-4).

When you look at the diagram for the P4, Plug going to the A2 malfunction indicator, It shows wire number 137M at pin 14, but coming from TB5-12.

Yes I know that TB5-11 and TB5-12 are hooked together. And that in all probability the diagram for P4 is marked wrong. But I don't have a gen set here to look at, and the last time I laid hands on one was 2010 or 2011. I am trying to cross all the "T's" and dot all the "I's".

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guy,

I just went and undid some of the harness on my set and physically checked the wires by number on each end.
From pin 14 ( the pin directly under the latch) on P-4, wire 137M runs over to TB-5 terminal 11 and as you said that is directly jumped to terminal TB-5 terminal 12 so the connection is ok.

Mine is a working set with all fault indicators that test good.

Last edited:

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need anymore connections checked, I'll do them in the morning, its getting dark here now and my back is killing me from bouncing on a mower a few hours.

Guyfang

Staff member
Anyone got a good or bad A9, (Float Switch Module) on hand that they can eyeball? I am about 99.9 % sure the wires have no marking on them. Am I right, or not. I am looking for wire numbers or letters.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guy, I'll check mine in the morning and let you know, I have that end cover of so its accessable to me. The other info is in your PM box.

Last edited:

Dieselmeister

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guy,
I have the cover off my 802A, and my A9 module wires have numbers on them (magnifying glass size). The tie wrap on the generator side is labeled with the plug number P-15, the float side tie wrap J-12. The wires on the float side, going to the J-12 plug are numbered 1F, 2F, 3F, 4F. The numbers on the generator side wires, are 1M, 2M, 3M, 4M. The nameplate on the machine states a 04/04 date. If you need me to dig in further, or need some pictures, let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks