• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug light came on for a bit and went away 85 CUCV m1009

Franchey

hey guys so I recently bought the blazer and it ran great for a bit but more and more problems arise, so recently the glow plug light would come on but no click but after a few tries would click, but I was deployed to the Mexican border op, and I came back to base and I tried using the glow plugs but the light won’t come on and click, but I have power for my lights and all the lights on the dash, the engine cranks but no full turn over? Could it be that the batteries are low due to me being gone for 3 months?

cucvrus

Maybe not always 100% accurate. But I had that happen and it was a loose ground on the front battery post. Check and see if yours are clean and tight. Good Luck.

Keith_J

Check the relay. Label wires, disconnect and remove. First test the coil (small terminals), should be 12-30 ohms. Then connect the ohmmeter to the big terminals and energize the solenoid with 12 volts. The ohmmeter should read less than 1 ohm (test the ohmmeter by touching the leads, should be the same). These often fail, it can be found at any auto parts store.

Next test the glow plugs. If your stock military voltmeter is working, you will see the needle swing to low as the plugs cycle. Good plugs will put more than a 100 amp load on the system. Which means the stock V belts are right at the slip point at lower speed.

Keith_J

If the relay checks out, test the temperature sensor and when cool, make sure you get 12 volts to the small terminal on the relay. If the sensor is good but you don't get 12 volts to the solenoid, then its the module. There are newly manufactured units available here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks