• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

85 CUCV m1009 engine shutoff?

Franchey

Hey guys so truck seems all good but sometimes while In idle you can kinda hear the engine kinda struggle and once you press the gas it shuts off like it has no fuel and all the lights come on, this happens sometimes while driving as well. Could it be a fuel pump/ air leak or injectors?

cucvrus

I think it could be any of the above mentioned. Dumb question but have you checked the motor mounts. Is it possible that the pick up line on the fuel pump is pinched or cut on the right front frame rail. It happened to me on 2 CUCV's the first one was a Rausch Creek and I kept running out of fuel. It was after I had gone wheeling over really rough terrain and it started like a flick of a switch. I went home and thought the injection pump went out. I changed it and could not keep it running. it did not leak fuel only left it drop fuel. I found it and changed the motor mounts. The second time was on terminus and I diagnosed and fixed it the next day. But it may just be the injection pump going bad. Check for wet spots and se if it holds prime. Does it start and stay running when cold? Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks