• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GovPlanet Pick Up Las Vegas

scout110

Hello Gentlemen,

I am bidding on some items on GovPlanet in Las Vegas. Has anyone made a pickup from them in North Las Vegas. Is it a civilian warehouse, Military Base? If you have made a pick up is easy or difficult. Appreciate any info.

Thanks

silverstate55

Useless
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Civilian warehouse, just north of Community College on Cheyenne/Pecos. Check in at office by roll-up doors near middle of building on south side, they'll tell you where to go from there. Don't bother with the front office on north side, there's never anyone inside to help you. Go to south side of building near the middle, and you'll see a small sign for Pickup Check-In.

I'd help but I'm getting shoulder surgery in a few days and will be unavailable for 3-6 months.

VERY EASY to access, no control points; just be careful on the way in/out as this isn't the nicest of neighborhoods....if you need to secure your load or repack it, do it in the industrial park, not out in the neighborhoods (emphasis on hood, shouldn't need to spell it out). I've never had a problem around there, but then again, I used to work around this area and am still heavily armed no matter where I go.

Last edited:

silverstate55

Useless
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From I-15 North, exit EAST (right) onto Cheyenne. At Pecos, make a left to go NORTH on Pecos; at Gowan, turn left to go WEST. At Bay Lake Trail, turn right (NORTH) and it is the second warehouse from Gowan. Go to the ramp by the mouse cursor in the satellite view pic, and the check-in office will be there.

GP_3717-Bay-Lake-Trail-NLV_01.png

GP_3717-Bay-Lake-Trail-NLV_01a.png
See the mouse cursor? Go up that ramp (second from east side, off Bay Lake Trail) to check in; they'll tell you which ramp to report to from there.

MAdams

I've been there a few times. Don't waste your time going in the front. Go straight to the back and find the loading dock they tell you to go to. They'll forklift load for you but all the guys I've gotten were kinda lazy. Your paperwork will tell you they open at 8am but they really open at 7:30am.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
For LTL shipments out of the Vegas warehouse you will send your release and bill of lading for the carrier to gpwestshipping@ritchiebros.com. along with the date you want to have it picked up.

There is no drop trailer for any carrier on site like in PA. Some freight carriers like UPS and YRC will charge you $45 after the fact for an "appt setup" which is something you just argue after the fact.

tktsales

Does anyone have a 3rd party to consolidate lots in Vegas. I have 3 lots I bought, Maybe 100 lbs max just need it all put on one pallet or packed well for UPS.. GP told me to use Craters and Freights which I will not do. Are there any independent guys out there? Has anyone used a UPS Store? I have used the UPS Store in Chambersburg if anyone ever needs help there and they are good and fair 717-267-2700 talk to Julie. Thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks