• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

450/80R20 Sand Trail tires

pwerwagn

Has anyone successfully ran these on an M35? I have a deuce I use 99% in sand and these are appealing. I have searched forums and found people that intended on using them, but nobody ever followed up if they fit.

They are ~47" tall or so.

Thanks,
Jeff

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Has anyone successfully ran these on an M35? I have a deuce I use 99% in sand and these are appealing. I have searched forums and found people that intended on using them, but nobody ever followed up if they fit.

They are ~47" tall or so.

Thanks,
Jeff
They are a tad over 48" tall. I kno we used to spread the axles on deuces to clear the 14R20s. So I dont know if they would touch on the rear or not

pwerwagn

They are a tad over 48" tall. I kno we used to spread the axles on deuces to clear the 14R20s. So I dont know if they would touch on the rear or not
Thanks for the info. Doing the math, they should be~ 48.3", but everyone selling them says 47", thats why I was curious. Eastern surplus has them cheap right now and was hoping to find a way to run them on mine, but they might be cheap for a reason!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the info. Doing the math, they should be~ 48.3", but everyone selling them says 47", thats why I was curious. Eastern surplus has them cheap right now and was hoping to find a way to run them on mine, but they might be cheap for a reason!
Cheap cause there isnt a high demand for them. We have them for around $140 each as well for high tread to new condition. You realize they are only 4 ply tires correct? Meaning probably your maximum capacity is carrying a deuce.

pwerwagn

Cheap cause there isnt a high demand for them. We have them for around $140 each as well for high tread to new condition. You realize they are only 4 ply tires correct? Meaning probably your maximum capacity is carrying a deuce.
Yeah, all I do with mine is use it to pull my boat and RV out of the sand. Doesn't really haul anything of weight in the bed at all.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
4ply has a weight capacity of 1430lbs x 6 = 5,000lbs less than what a deuce weighs in empty.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are the same size diameter as 14.00R20, will rub on a deuce rear....so you 4x4 the deuce. Yes, I can see a 4x4 deuce with them for mostly sand...with air lockers front and rear. The mine sweeper they were for is no light vehicle and it is rated to 50 mph, so should be fine. I have several mounted on rims. The rims fit 20,000-25,000# ag hubs (13.29 bc)...which I also have a few of with 4" solid spindles.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Husky is rated from 19-26klbs on just two axles, so off road capacity on a deuce shouldn’t be an issue. Tires are 47.25” at the tread shouldersIMG_3547.jpg but they really bulge on the skinny little 10” wide wheels, to right at 49” in the center of the tread.IMG_3546.jpg I’d stretch your dog bones and go for it, 10psi in the front 5psi in the rear should give you some serious flotation and work awesome for your scenario.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks