• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028A3 new project

m715

I have a back injury and a failed knee replacment, and am 60 years old. I cant work like I want and cant find help. I have lost over a 100 lbs and all my mussel mass. But I am unable to sit still, I need to work.

joshuak

I have a back injury and a failed knee replacment, and am 60 years old. I cant work like I want and cant find help. I have lost over a 100 lbs and all my muscle mass. But I am unable to sit still, I need to work.
Slow and steady wins the race, no hurries. I'll bet most of us on the site are rooting for your health and forward progress as time permits.

I got the truck home and had a chance to look it over . I had my daughter take photos of the truck and the tags we hope to post them shortly. I cleared a bunch of scrap lumber from the box and finely got to go inside it.
Sir, you don't know me from Adam, but I'd be happy to help post your pictures if texting is easier than uploading them to the site. Send me a PM and I'll share my number if interested.

m715

joshuak thank you for your offer to help post photos. I have never sent a text in my life, I have daughters to help when they can. My oldest just graduated nursing with honors past Friday. I hope to have some photos posted soon.

m715

I have allmost all the parts I will need to get this truck running, I think. I found a nos takeoff starter and the brace to the block. I bought a complete set of military manuales. Alos found a GM traning manual just for the 6.2 enging. This has many clear full page diagrams of every compent. I degreased the enging and powerwashed the frame and undercarrage.

m715

This truck has a np208 transfer case, per tag on case. I want to install camper windows on box, but dont know how thick the walls are on the fiberglass box.

m715

I have installed a new injection pump and all new injectors. New fuel filter all new fuel lines and tested the lift pump. The glow plugs have been replaced and broken gp wires fixed. I am almost ready to start, recharging battery's now.

m715

I broke the tab off the idiot light sending unit in the block. I ordered a new part GM 25037177. Thank to rain I am unable to work today, I need a rest. I have read posts on how long it takes to change out pumps, it took me 4 days trying my best.

m715

Today I removed the glow plugs, loosened the injector line at injectors. I have fuel at most injectors, not a lot but at least some. My battery's tested good after charging, but one goes low after only a few attempts at cranking. I will need to replace them but I need to hear this truck run before I can spend more cash .

m715

The truck started for the first time today. I have a fuel leek under the injection pump, one fuel line is leeking. I thought I tightend them well but didn't. Looks like the bottom line so the intake needs to come back off. The motor sounded well and alternators are charging.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks