• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kawasaki M1030M1 fuel filter part number

JMP308

I found out the fuel filter number for the m1030M1 , Baldwin BF 1257, ----it crosses to a wix 33192, napa 3192,fleetguard FS19739, hope this helps you guys with these bikes , I have two of them, thanks for all the info you all have posted about the subject, are any of you using Shell Rotella 15-40 oil, I have used it in all my many diesels for years, as it meets MIL-L 2104 spec

M1KLR

I found out the fuel filter number for the m1030M1 , Baldwin BF 1257, ----it crosses to a wix 33192, napa 3192,fleetguard FS19739, hope this helps you guys with these bikes , I have two of them, thanks for all the info you all have posted about the subject, are any of you using Shell Rotella 15-40 oil, I have used it in all my many diesels for years, as it meets MIL-L 2104 spec
Any of them will work, Shell, Mobil, Amsoil, just DON'T use Synthetic oil.
Also make sure you get the air out of the system before starting.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I only use AMSoil Series 3000 5W-30 Heavy Duty Diesel Oil in my M1030M1. I good friend of mine is a retired VP from Kawasaki Corporation. He was the direct interface between Kawasaki and Fred Hayes at HDT when the HDT diesel was being developed and retrofitted to the KLR650 bikes. This AMSoil is what HDT decided on for the engine. Note that this is a legacy oil and somewhat difficult to find. I buy mine on Ebay. The newer oils apparently have some additives that the HDT engine doesn't like.
AMSOIL Label.JPG

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks