• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bmp value

Coltman15

Does anyone know what the current values are for bmp-1 or variations in today’s market in the USA. I know they aren’t that available and a member on the board wants 50k for an OT-90. What’s a fair price to pay as I’m looking to buy one.

Thanks
Coltman15

D6T

Have you ever been inside of one? They are a bit cramped for most adults. The MTLB, on the other hand, is quite roomy inside and tolerably easy to move around in while stooped down. Passage to the cockpit is even easy to maneuver through, far easier than the BMP series.

That being said, I truly don’t know the values, but $50k for an operational OT-90 sounds reasonable to me.

I do sometimes watch Warsaw Pact armor values out of sheer curiosity. I don’t watch the popular auction site often. But I had seen there, in the last ten years or so, a basket case BTR60 sell for about $7k as I recall, a “roller” very nice-looking BTR60 with recent paint but no engine sell for around $13k, and the weathered shell of a BTR50 for about $10k. All located CONUS.

Coltman15

Thanks for the reply. I have been inside a few BMPs and ya they are a bit cramped, but they look space age to me. It’s the vehicle that changed it all when it came out. I’ve just always wanted one. On the other hand, if anyone knows where a big eight wheeled btr-70 is, I’d take one of those too ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks