• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mill H-1 heater

redlight

I am looking at a very used H-1 heater. Photos say it is gas powered. 400000 btu stock number 8200-3334-16 The stock number may not be correct. reg/sn 452052DJA2049 ID NO=AG2049<br><br>Has a single lead to a gas engine to drive the fan. it has a recoil starter on the motor. documents indicate T.O. 35E7-2-3-1 with the last pm completed 96311 I think that translate to March 11 1996. <br>Any info would be welcome.<br>Thanks<br>Redlight

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There’s another H1 heater thread two post down.

Lots of info there.

Edit:
Disregard
Different Model

Last edited:

Wire Fox

His model is very different than mine. Some of the core functionality may be the same, but the difference of engine means everything's different parts and different maintenance. It looks like that's one of the BT-400 models, but configured with a gas engine. Unfortunately, the BT-400s are configured with numerous options, so I can't tell you exactly maintenance manual you need to work on that model. If you can get some more details (what engine is in it, year of manufacture, or just some pictures), I might be able to help you figure this out. The bright side: the BT-400 series has a lot of manuals floating around out there. There's a good chance this model has one in circulation.

redlight

Thank you all for the reply. I did not have full information as it was at an auction site. I did win the bidding war and I am going to pick it up today. I will post pictures once I get home.
Thanks again

redlight

The unit is made by Herman Nelson. I brought it home yesterday and spent today cleaning out the mouse houses. The engine is free and takes a 2244 spark plug. I am soaking it in marvelIMG_3326.JPGIMG_3327.JPGIMG_3328.JPGIMG_3329.JPG mystery oil for a few days. I will attempt to start it next week. Any manual help would be appreciated.
Bruce

redlight

It is very similar but not the same. Thank you so very much as it will help me get it working. I have spoken to the Herman Miller factory and they have a current issue gas heater as well as several diesel models. they are trying to find an old manual for the H=1 model.It does turn over but no engine spark, I do not know anything about magnetos but i will try my best to get it going. There seems to be good compression. The fuel tank is bone dry and the fuel filter inside looks like a string wrapped around a sleeve. I will be working on it Friday and will report progress and include pictures. When I attempt to start the heater, I plan on having the fire Department on scene and to start it away from house and garage.

Wire Fox

It is very similar but not the same. Thank you so very much as it will help me get it working. I have spoken to the Herman Miller factory and they have a current issue gas heater as well as several diesel models. they are trying to find an old manual for the H=1 model.It does turn over but no engine spark, I do not know anything about magnetos but i will try my best to get it going. There seems to be good compression. The fuel tank is bone dry and the fuel filter inside looks like a string wrapped around a sleeve. I will be working on it Friday and will report progress and include pictures. When I attempt to start the heater, I plan on having the fire Department on scene and to start it away from house and garage.
The fire department seems a bit excessive, but I'm guessing you guys are probably friends. I just keep around an extinguisher and only apply enough fuel for the testing operation I'm doing.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks