• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can you identify this mystery trailer?

mijoe

Hi All,

I picked up a new project, and was attempting to determine exactly what type of trailer this is. Just searching for MEP trailers on Google Images, I was not able find any examples with details to tell me more. The trailer looks like an M116a3 to me, but the platform is built above the wheel wells and there is an Aux fuel tank built into the trailer itself. Anyone know what this beast is officially called?

1572205_4062_162_0001.jpg1572205_3766_558_0001.jpg

Last edited:

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I've seen a couple very similar trailers to that one. Both were built by Silver Eagle in 2005 and look like they're built the same as the chassis of the m1101/m1102 in my opinion. The Silver Eagle part number is 01084-6668.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Because of the lifting rings, belly fuel tank, I would say it was special purpose for 1st strike airdrop. :shrugs:

The trailer itself is a Silver-Eagle/Schutte aluminum trailer in the M110x line, probably the M1102 known as heavy, (LTL-HC) due to having 2 x 10kw gensets as a power plant.

Monkeyboyarmy

For heavens sakes please switch those fuel caps back to the proper location so the colors match up. I can't sleep at night with them like that.:lol: Nice score.

mijoe

Many thanks to Doc Porkchop and Daybreak, it does indeed appear to be a Silver Eagle. I don't have a photo of the PU data plate as I don't have the unit in my possession quite yet. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks