• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Purchase

fasttruck

Read the reading. In addition to the operator's manual consider getting an organizational maintenance manual (-20) abd a lubrication order which explains what petroleum products to use and where the fill points and grease fittings are. There are about 100 grease points on a M 816 and some of the ones on the chassis are not easy to find. Neglect them at your peril. Grease is cheap: parts are expensive.

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:goodjob: I'm jealous and can't wait to get my own heavy duty vice. Just hope the truck attached to it is in decent shape.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you do set it up for 'stationary' use, remember to just set the brakes just with enough pressure to hold because when the MICO (not micro) valve needs to be released it is the additional pressure on the brake pedal that releases it. Otherwise you will have to bleed one of the rear brakes just a bit to get the brakes unlocked and the rear wheels rolling again. That valve rarely goes bad, which is good, as it is in a place that is very difficult to get to without taking the wrecker bed off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks