• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guided Missile Shop Equipment Shelter

Weller

Thanks to the addictive nature of this site, I think I finally identified another one of my shelters.

I've had it for years (it's also my favorite) and I use it for dry food storage.

This week I decided to clean the only remaining data plate (now hoping I can restore it). I was coming up short in my search but think I've narrowed it down.

SHOP EQUIPMENT GM RCS, AN/TSM-104 (XO-1)

XO-20190510_190911.jpg

GM = Guided Missile
RCS = Remote Control System

My best guess is that it was an equipment shop (or equipment storage) for the HAWK Air Defense Guided Missile System.

Weller

Here's what it looked like when I brought it home. Had stars painted on two sides and a sign that read "Smoking in this area only." The interior shelving is solid enough to handle anything I've loaded onto it. Unlike my other shelters, which are squared at the edges, this one is rounded off.

H20160121_141936.jpg H20160121_141836.jpg H20190510_191028.jpg

I also found remnants of a sticker reading CWC 737 & 734 Routing Tag Area.

Guyfang

Staff member
How about a picture of the front? Some of the repair shops had a 36K BTU air con on it, to the left of the door. Some didn't need the air con. They sure made for wearing hearing protection. Not that we did.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a missile support shelter. I’m going to have to dig out the info on it again. It’s still about 50% outfitted as it was originally, minus all the black boxes but one.

Weller

Here's the front as it looked when I got it, came with vent covers.

F0160121_140036.jpg

I've considered mounting an ecu (I have pallets of nordic 18,000s) but they are way too noisy. I've closed off the large opening, and screened the upper opening, and it remains quite stable temperature wise.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pictures, pictures!!
The shelter was part of the Pershing 1a missile system. None of the wiring remains however, all the canon plug connectors are still there. There was some type of air conditioning inside but it’s long gone. I’m using it for project storage. My favorite part is the launcher. Here some pics:

Attachments

Last edited:

Weller

One of my missile repair shops had a hole cut in it that was likely for an ecu or ac unit. With summer coming I got the grinder out and fitted a 1973 8000 btu ac unit I had lying around.

20190608_101432.jpg 20190608_115153.jpg 20190609_090502.jpg

I have to fabricate a frame to secure it in place.

Found this 2 pieces while cleaning up, any idea of purpose?

20190609_090638.jpg

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my missile repair shops had a hole cut in it that was likely for an ecu or ac unit. With summer coming I got the grinder out and fitted a 1973 8000 btu ac unit I had lying around
I have to fabricate a frame to secure it in place.

Found this 2 pieces while cleaning up, any idea of purpose?

View attachment 767318 Are there any numbers anywhere on them?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks