• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire pressure question

OrneryOrr

I just purchased my first this past week. An '83 M923 with 11.00x20 tires. What is a proper tire pressure to run in these? Max cold says 120, previous owner had 60 psi in the fronts. Thank you in advance.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New truck? New owner? Time to source the operator's manual. Lots of good info to help understand the operations to keep you safe and on the road. Steer tires for 11.00x20 is 90 psi. The rears can be run at 60 psi if not loaded. 60psi takes the bounce out of the rear on the highway.

tobyS

Are you talking loaded or unloaded and what type of terrain? G177 is radial and a good tire but I like more meat up front to take the softer material like sand. I think there is a 22.5 size that would work and the (metric (MPT I think) 14.5R20 is the same dia but different bead than combat single rims. Myself when I had an 83 A0, I had too much bounce in the front running 90, I liked 65-70#. I never once ran it loaded however.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
There is a formula for tire pressure based on their capacity/per carry lb load. Blah blah something along those lines. I will find it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks