• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1008 question

CptSoftBelly

I’ve got my eye on a few cucv‘s, but need a front and rear receiver so it can be my fishing rig too. Does anyone know of some good bolt on receivers. One will be to hold a rod basket on the front and the back a back porch for my truck camper. I like the idea of keeping the pintle hitch just in case, but if necessary I can part with it.

I used the search function and after reading through a dozen threads I saw a lot of custom things or vague answers. Would love if anyone has done this can shed some light, until then I’ll keep reading through the threads. Thanks in advance.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I think there's a receiver hitch that will work on the back without any modifications to the rear shackle brackets.
On one of my CUCV pickups I have a Curt 14082 receiver on the back and a Warn 25855 receiver on the front. Both required some modifications to the shackle mounts (not a big deal to me as I can always just change those out for original brackets if I cared). Making your own front receiver hitch might be the way to go if you know someone with a welder, the Warn hitches are pretty expensive in my opinion.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warn 25855 front mount receiver will work with minor modifications.
That’s only if you intend to keep your front tow/tie down shackles.

If not, direct bolt on.

50CF7654-68CD-43F2-9A03-1D8929224195.jpg

CptSoftBelly

Thanks for the fast, specific answers I was looking for! I agree in that I’d like to know what minor modifications to see if I’d be qualified, shell out some beers qualified, or take to the shop. Thanks again fellas!

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
It's been a while since I installed mine but if I remember right for the 14082 to work the very forward ends of the rear shackle mount brackets had to be removed (losing one bolt per bracket). I can't remember the work for the front hitch but it was a hassle and if I was only using it for a cargo carrier I'd probably build my own setup that bolts on without major modifications. I think it as well interferes with one bolt on each shackle bracket, leaving only one bolt per bracket if you don't modify it. I'm sure there was more work than just that.

nyoffroad

Years ago I put a front hitch on, it was a universal type that the center bar slide into the two end pieces and a long bolt on each side went thru and that determined the width. It was easy to drill two new holes and install, I believe I had to shorten the pieces that actually bolt to the frame a bit but it was long ago and I can't remember.

WECSOG

There is a seller on Ebay who makes an adapter which allows you to use a 2" receiver hitch below the stock rear pintle hitch. It's a bolt on application.

The seller is "1gr8dealwholesale" on Ebay.

It costs $70.00

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a seller on Ebay who makes an adapter which allows you to use a 2" receiver hitch below the stock rear pintle hitch. It's a bolt on application.
It costs $70.00
Will not work on the rear of a M1008.
It's designed for the HMMWV.

It might work on the front bumper with a backing place.
Would have to see one installed first.

Last edited:

m35a22ton

It costs $70.00
checked it out looks to only work on hmmv, or nothing posted on his ebay page for m1008.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks