• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 Rifle Mount Options, Pics Please

74M35A2

Seeking pics of various rifle mounts / locations as installed for M939. Didn’t find much searching. Can be any truck, even if not yours. Just looking for ideas. Thanks.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
This is the standard as issued location. The instructions that came with the rifle holder kit for the M939 series shows the dash location and the drivers door location. Can't seem to find the door mount picture. I didn't install the butt stock holders on the floor for the dash mounts as I thought they would get in the way and really don't need them.

Attachments

68torino460

I’m in the same boat. I have a brand new kit, I can’t seem to figure out how it’s installed. I even have printed instructions that came with it, but nothing seems to line up.

KN6KXR

I have a kit in the M35 and one I intend to install in the M817 (they are the same) and then there's the ones that came with the M1078. As far as I can tell the only difference between them is the spacer bracket for the M35/M809 dash (it's partly sloped and the M939 is flat). If I install the kit in my M936 I'll just not use the bracket like the picture above.

As far as instructions there aren't a lot (that were followed). They were installed kind of all over by the motor pool guys at the preference of the driver or crew. The kits were never made to keep a rifle near the driver and I think they were all made for an A2 model and never changed. So guys would install the kit over by the driver as a single and space them for an M4 and in the same cab would be a double by the dash spaced for an A2 but holding M4's..... The only real standard I've seen is the FMTV/LMTV platform I think the rest were optional and installed in the field.

I don't have first hand knowledge I was in the USCG so I asked some family members, who mostly did convoy work in Afghanistan, my uncle who retired a Colonel from the CA National Guard, and a bunch of 82nd Airborne guys that help me parade the trucks in my town. That was their input.

Guyfang

Staff member
KIT,M14, M16 RIFLE M

ID WPN
SYS
SVC
WPN
SYS
IND
WPN
SYS
ESNTL
WEAPON
SYSTEM
TRUCK, CARGO, 5-TON, 6X6, XLWB W/E
TRUCK, CARGO, DROPSIDE 2 1/2-TON 6X6 W/E

Referenced in: TM 9-2320-361-24P. M35A2 series trucks. I bet if you look in the M809 series 5 Ton -24P, it will be there also.

But the M939 might be another story. So I looked in the NSN Cross Reff. section, and its not listed there.

So, wrong kit for your truck. If you want the right kit, you need to look in the -24P for the M939.

Adrok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the standard as issued location. The instructions that came with the rifle holder kit for the M939 series shows the dash location and the drivers door location. Can't seem to find the door mount picture. I didn't install the butt stock holders on the floor for the dash mounts as I thought they would get in the way and really don't need them.
Nice Pic Cape

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks