• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spicer 5 speed question

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, as promised, d/s lengths- front is roughly 61 3/4, and the one from the X-case to the forward rear axle is roughly 32 1/4.
I found this thread. It is your truck, correct?
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?172744-Transfer-case-upgrade-to-a-XM818

Would you be able to get some detailed photos of both the right and left frame and transfer case mountings. The thread only touched on unriveting and relocating the frame mounts. I am just curious as to which transfer case brackets were used.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

Ajax MD

What is the advantage of retrofitting 809 series trucks with T1138 transfer cases? Is it a parts availability issue or is there some kind of performance improvement?

Edit: Nevermind, I found OPCOM's old thread a few doors down.

77 AMG

Yep. That'd be me truck! Let me give some better light and I will be more than happy to take photos and measurements for you. I can tell you this, right up front- there are plates of steel in between the X-case and the brackets, AND you will have to either re-drill (yeah, not happening) the hole for the drivers' side step rear support, or just deal with it being tweaked out of the way of the forward mounting bolt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks