• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A Pegs Fuel and Temp Gauges to Right

Weller

Finished spring cleaning on my MEP-803A last week and now I'm having an issue with both the fuel level gauge and coolant temp gauge. Both were functional previously.

I'd done some heavy cleaning so may have pulled something loose. Cleaned out the box behind gauges with compressed air and had wet and wiped down areas near fuel level sensor and coolant temp sensor by hand.

While cleaning I noticed the electrical lead to the oil pressure sender was frayed, so I removed the lead, made a new terminal and reattached it. Oil pressure gauge is functional.

Photo shows unit while running.

20190504_121851.jpg

Got out the manual. Disconnected batteries and checked fuel level sender first (didn't remove it). Disconnected, cleaned, and reconnected the wiring. Batteries reconnected.

I then disconnected the electrical lead from coolant temperature sender and measured resistance (was greater than 300 ohms). Measured again with set running and multimeter indication decreased. Cleaned the lead and washers and reconnected wire to sender.

Thought I'd ask before moving on to the next phase of troubleshooting.

csheath

I've had the same thing happen on my unit. Cleaning the connectors and messing with the base nut on the studs got both back in operation. Can't say for sure what the cause was but I suspect when you tighten the nuts sometimes it moves the stud in the gauge and causes a problem. I double nutted the studs so I could move them in a neutral position then tightened the base nut.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks