• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABS Light came on

Finallygotone

ABS Light on, I drove the 5 ton today and had to get on the brakes a little hard in traffic, the ABS light came on, after I got home and killed it after restart the light did not come on, do have a little squeak when I first move it and apply brakes, thought that might be dampness, it has 10, 000 miles don't know how it was treated brake wise, advise from you fellows is what I need, thanks in advance, Joe

sandcobra164

It does a pre-check when you start the truck. If everything seemed fine to the ABS system then good to go in it's mind. I would suggest if you've never had the drums off and checked the brake shoe linings and packed the bearings with grease as part of an Annual Service, it's time to schedule some work. Whether you do it or have it done makes no difference as long as you trust the mechanic doing the service. I do my own work because I trust myself.

Finallygotone

antennaclimber, thanks for putting it where it belongs, I was in that section and for the life of me could not find, "New Post" I will be more diligent next time, thanks.

sandcobra164, thanks for that info. I know that it should be checked just holding off, I have changed all the filters and fluids, any suggestion where the shoes, seals and possible bearing can be bought you fellows know, I don't want to learn the short coming of a vendor would rather use who you all know, service and parts, thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks