• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2019 Sanford Florida Memorial Day Parade May 27

signalcorps

Monday May 27. It is time for the Sanford Memorial Day Parade. Sorry that Mark (od fever) can't make the parade this year. The parade starts at 10:00 but we have to be in line by 9:00. I do not have a lineup number yet but you know we are always toward the bad of the parade. I will update this post when they tell me the number.

The parade staging area is on 1st Street, from Sanford Avenue to Pine Avenue. Due to street closures, I suggest entering the staging area from HWY 17-92 and head east on 3rd Street (at Burger King traffic light) and turning left onto Pine Avenue. I will post the lineup number when I receive it. Check-In opens at 8:30 AM. Please arrive no later than 9AM. The parade starts promptly at 10AM.

The route begins on 1st Street, at Sanford Avenue, and continues to Park Avenue, turns north and concludes at Veterans Memorial Park, located on the beautiful River Walk.

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be there with something, probably the M915. I'm looking forward to it, thanks for taking the event coordination over.

signalcorps

Happy to do it. Mark (odfever) did it for many years and we appreciate all he has done here. He needed a well deserved vacation! See you there Ray.

RAYZER

There's also a Steak n Shake right down the road at the Sanford mall, and yet another option would be River walk pizza in downtown Sanford (not impressed with their service).
We will have to take a vote.
Feel free to throw out some other options!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Lindsaym151

I'll be there , spending the day with a very good friend Commander Ed Niemic US NAVY RET. He was a F4 fighter pilot in Vietnam,Over 450 sortie over North Vietnam! Very cool dude! come and say high!!

signalcorps

So you are bringing him with you to the parade? What an honor for both of you. I would like to shake his hand and pass on my Thanks for his service.

infidel got me

So you are bringing him with you to the parade? What an honor for both of you. I would like to shake his hand and pass on my Thanks for his service.
I don't know about all that. After riding in with Lindsey he may want to seek other transportation. Just kidding Lindsey, cant wait to meet him.... See you folks there....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks