• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Appears to be a few at Yermo waiting for demil

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From Friday. More than a few Hmmwvs waiting on demil. Many had the steel boxes with windows. I guess those get cut up. One of the employees said that many of the MWOs were applied in 2009 and the engines looked and ran perfectly.

Here's what I noticed: There were a boatload. I couldn't tell if the entire lot was full but wow...

Here's something else I noticed: When taking a photo, the chain link really lit up in the photo. I have been to the site a couple of times but had not taken any photos except of stuff I was trying to buy. I was amazed at how it changed after taking the shots.

IMG-0760.jpgIMG-0762.jpgIMG-0759.jpgIMG-0758.jpg

papakb

The time of day and the suns position make all the difference when trying to shoot thru a chain link fence. Noon is the best time of day to keep the sun off of the fence sides and out of the lens.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is that paddy wagon looking shelter? First I have seen that. Thanks for the pics.

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are referring to the ones which have two horizontal windows, many of them are "paddy" wagon but they don't have tops. They're essentially reinforced troop carriers. I had to take a second look myself. I am assuming that a few of the rear areas have tops but I couldn't tell for sure. Without air, I'm willing to bet they'd be traveling hot boxes...maybe even without!

Guyfang

Staff member
Right now, there are lots of trucks being shipped out of Germany, but the armored box things, I have never seen here in Germany. I go on post 1-2 times a month, and drive the "Old Tank Trail" from Graf to Vielseck, often. But have never seen such a type truck. Looks like a small gun truck to me.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm guessing those ones with the armor walls but no top are what the M1123s look like before the demil. Certainly explains why there are so many with virtually no miles on them, who would want to ride like that if anything else was available?

Wire Fox

I'm guessing those ones with the armor walls but no top are what the M1123s look like before the demil. Certainly explains why there are so many with virtually no miles on them, who would want to ride like that if anything else was available?
I mean, I'd ride in one, but I'm apparently a glutton for punishment. Just need an ACH, some sunscreen, and imagination that I'm doing something cooler than riding in the back of a steel and aluminum box.

Weller

They look cool and I have a practical use (for me) so I took photos as well on previous visits. Since I didn't think they'd be available as is, I'm thinking to fabricate something I could make useful (deer/hog blind) using plywood and lexan. Hog hunting in a HMMWV just seems to good to pass up.

20190419_071233.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks