• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok, another "what's it worth" question?

nukem

1009 was running when parked 16?yrs ago? 43k miles. Inner fender wells crusty.Gone. Was driven in from Bragg and parked.

I call "scrap price" if not running and driving"? any guidance?

cucvrus

I have 2 that have been parked 19 years. I am constantly harvesting donor parts from them. If you have a place to keep it and it is available at a decent price. Buy it. Parts are hard to come by. Many of the parts are next to impossible to find. Odd parts are worth the storage. It is hard to tell what some people consider good shape and what some call bad. Nuts and bolts have value when you need them. and all the smalls on a complete vehicle that ran when parked can add up to a small fortune in value to those that need the parts. Do as you wish. I would buy it just for parts no title needed. Bill of sale for parts reclamation only is suffice. Have a Great Day.

Matt5

Banned
Must be nice to live in a place where engine, tranny, tcase, drive shafts, axles, doors, fenders, rims, tub, steering column, gauges, volt meter, etc etc etc is all worth nothing....

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1028A3 sat for about 20 years. It took a little work (a set of batteries and 24v jump) to get it running but it runs great.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
If the truck is there, altogether, offer up 500.00. Every part of the country has a price point for parts alone. Only you can decide what the value is to you. But do not let the fever get you.

Decide if the truck is worth a rebuild or for parts. If you are deciding to get the truck mobile then figure what the cost is going to be. I look at that as I do not want to spend good money after bad metal. Body cancer of the tub can be fixed but can you sell to get your good money back out if you decide to sell. The back tailgate, parts are getting harder to find, but repop parts are filling the gap.

It has set there for multi years, give a price, sit on it and in a few days call back. See what the response is like. Just do not get upside down with cash unless you decide the truck is worth saving and when you decide when you are finished that you are happy with outcome.

I told my brother long ago that if you have to sell something at a firesale price because you need the cash will you lose big or little.

Post up some pictures and you may get a better opinion by the Troop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks