• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pan holes 6.5 turbo

daveiaff

I haven't picked it up yet, but the pan will be the first thing off. I needed crossover for manifold, dip stick, front pulleys, valve cover, and a few misc. parts, after finding them on different sites and adding shipping and tax, it was easier for me to buy the whole motor.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say it lost a connecting rod . probably a lot of damage to the block and the internals .

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That engine looks fairly new; probably did not survive its first test run...

$500 (+ cost for pick-up) is fair enough just for all the external parts. Heads, manifolds, turbo, IP, injectors....that alone is worth much more, if you had to buy everything, separately.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that a GM or GEP engine? GM will have GM embossed on the valve cover, GEP will have a label on the valve cover and Navistar diamonds in the engine valley.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes those dents/holes look like they came from the outside in so it is possible the motor itself is ok. Once the pan is pulled the tale will be told.

Mark

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
First glance look to from the outside. After a closer look does look like something tried to escape. Still lots of parts, CAMO

Barrman

I have a pan that looks almost exactly like that. Rod bearing furthest from the oil pump complain first when there is no oil. Rods, crank and probably some trimming to get the jagged edges of the #1 and #2 cylinder sleeve smooth again should have you running again. Plus, all the usual rebuild stuff.

daveiaff

Just went through a 6.5 NA complete rebuild, block, crank, and rods were all good on that one. .20 bore to clean up the cylinders, should be running soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks