Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: M1031 to M1028A1 Overland Build, Offroad Designs NP203/205, 4L80E Conversion

Thanks

Adding to the thread... I did get my onboard air installed and functioning. This was important to me. I used quality components and will heavily depend on the system on the trail. I am adding a couple of pics and some videos of the system in use.

Compressor function (clutch was disengaged)

In addition to the ARB fridge, I added a solid mount for a small propane tank. I opted to weld the propane tank bracket in place to make sure it stays put on the trail. I also wanted to discourage "opportunists" and made sure that tools would be required to remove the $60 propane tank.

York 210.jpgYork 210 2.jpgalternator pulley.jpgMRAP tank 2.jpgPropane Tank.jpgelPito.jpg

More to come...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glockfan For This Useful Post:

n8roro (05-28-2019), Sharecropper (05-24-2019)

Thanks

Running an Aircat TH-1000

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glockfan For This Useful Post:

n8roro (05-28-2019), Sharecropper (05-24-2019)

Thanks

Nice
    James Curtis
    1984 M1008 CUCV Pick-up
    1985 M1028A3 Wrecker, Holmes 440
    M101A3 Utility Trailer
    M116 Generator Trailer

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curtisje For This Useful Post:

Glockfan (05-25-2019), n8roro (05-28-2019)

Thanks

Took the truck out for a "shakedown" run this past weekend. I aired my tires down to about 10 psi which made for a real comfortable ride on the washboard backroads. Just prior to hitting the pavement, I aired all the tires back up to 32 psi. This took about 40 seconds per tire. I am pleased with the volume of air that the compressor produces. While out having fun, we used the awning and appreciated the shade it provided.

I installed a piece of powder coated steel plate on the back of the tailgate to convert the tailgate to a handy surface for cooking food. I will eventually be done with my "overland" rig but I am having fun with the build...

elPito_Awning.jpg

elPito_Tailgate.jpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Glockfan For This Useful Post:

n8roro (05-28-2019)

Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Did you make those rock sliders?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n8roro View Post
    Did you make those rock sliders?
    A friend of mine did. They are custom. I still need to paint them. Weather has been wet. I can take more pics if you are interested in seeing them.

Sergeant Major
    Thanks

That would be great. I have been about making some and seeing what you came up with would be awesome. What thickness steel and where you mounted etc. So many use round tube. But I dig square or rectangle like what you have.

In the onboard air vid I saw intake and supply, but what was the brass pipe coming up from the bottom? Is that the oil fill? I like your compressor mount it's very tidy. Does it also bolt to the power steering mount?

Thanks for posting your build it's very inspiring. I'm sure you'll have a blast with it this summer.

Thanks

did you have to bend the brake lines from the master cylinder. i would like to do the same compressor on my rig so post up details when you can. I got several other items on my list before i get to the air.
    Thanks
    rig looks good
    Rich
    Rich
    Galveston, Texas
    85 M1009, 6.5 GEP w/Leroy A-team turbo banks manifold, 4l80e/US shift controller, 205 with ORD Magnum, 4.56 gears, Front - D60 E-locker - 4 inch TC front springs w/zero rate, Rear - 14 bolt D-locker, stock springs ORD shackle flip w/zero rate, 16 inch GM/hutchinson Aluminum double bead locks w 11X39 XZL tires. PSC hydro assist steering.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glockfan View Post
    A friend of mine did. They are custom. I still need to paint them. Weather has been wet. I can take more pics if you are interested in seeing them.
    Man you got a great set up! Two quick questions.... What suspension mods did you do and could you snap some pics of where you mounted your PSC reservoir? I’m getting ready to install my kit and I’m looking for ideas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2