• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what Happened to my M1101

DamiansAR15

So I got a 2009 Silver Eagle M1101 trailer from GovPlanet. I got it shipped on a trailer and was working on it, e.g. LEDs, wiring harness, painted, bed liner, tagged it, etc... When I was moving it around on my property and neighborhood, it was rolling fine. I was going to take it to a local tire store to switch out a tire (flat spot that looked like someone dragged it around the parking lot with break on) and pack/grease bearings. Well, the whole **** wheel came off! Luckily, I was at the entrance to a parking lot in local park. It looks like the entire axel was recently replaced as it has a silver Schutt tag on the axle with a part date of 2017.

Not sure if I need a new rim or if it was a bearing issue that needs to be replaced. Also, can anyone suggest a good place to get parts, if you can tell from the picture what is needed?

Thanks for you thoughts on this...

Attachments

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your brake parts are not in their proper position, are any of them obviously bent? Will they go back into position? Looks like the axle will clean up and you may need a hub, bearings and (maybe) brake drum. With the bearing races out, can you clean the hub to work again?

Get bearings for the other side while your doing it.

DeadParrot

One thing I don't see is a cotter pin for the castle nut. Could explain the wheel falling off. Please check the other side before moving the trailer again. Possible whoever built that axle missed that step somehow.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sure don't see much grease on the remaining bearing. Maybe someone assembled it dry.

DamiansAR15

I also connected to my mechanic and he mentioned that there was not any grease on the bearings, which seems to align with earlier posts, e.g. burned up the bearing... My mechanic is working on getting bearing parts and I have a bad break line. I also will need to flush/bleed Dot5 brake fluid, as I think there was water in the brake fluid, e.g. found crack in cheap plastic cap.
Thanks folks for thoughts/feedback...

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now you know why guys check the bearings, etc when they first get them.
Bad bearings, loose nuts, missing parts and no grease.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks