• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU 419 fuel consumption

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello All,

For all of the surprises I've experienced while learning my new-to-me SEE, one of the most pleasant ones has been how easy it is on fuel.

On an average Saturday of use, it'll consume somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-8 gallons of diesel. I consider that to be fairly amazing considering the work I get out of it. To give you an idea of what I mean by work, I've removed entire trees (including stumps), re-rocked a gravel driveway, cleared an area to build a shed... and the main reason I bought it in the first place: to put in geothermal hvac.

I'm curious how others' experience has been with fuel consumption when putting it through it's paces.

Regards,
SJ/JD

peakbagger

I agree, the fuel usage does seem to be quite reasonable. I have been considering building a wood splitter that runs off the tool circuit but was worried about the fuel usage. The concept would be wire the remote throttle so that its only engaged when the splitter wedge is engaged.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks