• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lighting issues

ncfirefighter140

FiremanPhil
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How would a person go about figuring out why my turn/marker lights and brake light are not working? Any would be appreciated! By the way I have an 80 M35A2.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After checking bulbs, try to find a known good Master light switch to try, everything pretty much goes though that!

ncfirefighter140

FiremanPhil
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The headlights only work when the switch is in the marker position. Is that correct. Sorry I'm new to this as I bought it last week but always wanted one

FullSpecial

Three lever light switch:
If top lever is straight up and down= everything off
If top lever is in stop light you get brake and turn signal lights
If top lever is in service drive you get brake lights, turn signals, parking/running lights and headlights
PROVIDED lower left lever is not in park, then headlights are off but every thing else is on
If lower left lever is in any other position, [top lever in service drive] headlights should be on
That said, most trucks parking/running lights IN FRONT turn off when headlights are on [easily changed]
Lower left lever controls brightness of dash lights save for the park position which turns off headlights and gives you dim dashlights

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The headlights only work when the switch is in the marker position. Is that correct. Sorry I'm new to this as I bought it last week but always wanted one

You should probably read this TM , it may be boring but is very educational on how these trucks work and reading will save you money from damaging things by inproper use. Welcome to SS , just a heads up your state is required in your location (site rules you agreed to) you may want to add it rather than have a moderator request it.

Operators TM (-10)
TM9-2320-209-10-1.pdf
TM9-2320-209-10-1 Operation, Installation and Reference data for the M35 series, Operator Level.

The rest of the TM's
[h=1]TM's for the Deuce[/h]TM's ending -P are parts TM's
TM's ending -20 are unit level repair TM's
TM's ending in -24 or -34 are depot level repair TM's

Sometimes it helps to go to both the repair and parts TM's as the parts TM's have diagrams of the parts.

ncfirefighter140

FiremanPhil
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Break/taillights and Headlights are working just no front marker or front/rear turns. The turn signal green lights up on the steering column but burns steady.

The black out light does work on the front.

Also would you have the info on the mod to make the front lights stay on with the headlights. I do drive her at night and want to be seen. Lol

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks