• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M998

beehumvee

Hi all,

First of all, say thank you to all the people who help in this forum. Whithout you It couldn´t have been possible. Although I didn´t receive yet, (it will take a month or so..). This is my "new" M998 from 1989. At first it was a cargo troop truck, but now is a two man. it was rebuild in Maine in 2002, and cames from Barstow.... it reads 9.000 miles on it....

All coments are welcome.

Thanks again!
_IMG_20190304_094532.jpg_IMG_20190304_094006.jpg_IMG_20190304_093955.jpg_IMG_20190304_094526.jpg_IMG_20190304_094240.jpg_IMG_20190304_094542.jpg_IMG_20190304_094452 (1).jpgcapturedimage_00004 (1).jpg_IMG_20190304_094305.jpgcapturedimage_00008 (1).jpg

Last edited:

AAVP7

Hola Beehumvee,
great to see that you finally found your vehicle ! Congratulations ! Looks really nice. The vehicle seems to have had armour at some time in its life, judging from the large screws in the footwell. It also has an armoured grille on the hood. Would be interesting to learn about the history of this one.

Let´s hope you don´t have to wait too long for it to arrive. I had to wait four weeks, and that felt like an eternity.....

Last edited:

beehumvee

I didn´t realized It has an armoured grill, how did you realizaed? I would love to learn about the history of this vehicle, How can I do that?? AAVP7, Where do you see that large screws in the foot well?

Some more pics:
there is a hole in the top of the windshield in the right side, which i do not know its purpose...

thank you

Attachments

Last edited:

DREDnot

I didn´t realized It has an armoured grill, how did you realizaed? I would love to learn about the history of this vehicle, How can I do that??

there is a hole in the top of the windshield in the right side, which i do not know its purpose...
There are metal side armor plates and angled grille slats that keep bullets and shrapnel from hitting the radiator.

sometimes you can clean off the paint sprayed over the numbers stenciled on the fender corners...they will tell you what unit it was with to search for some history on it.

the two holes above the windshield on the right is where the upper mount bracket for the snorkel tube bolts on.

beehumvee

I have been reading about cleaning off the paint of the markings with carb cleaner... the question then is where to look for when the markings appear?

Regarding tyre pressure markings, my truck seems to have printed different pressures for the same tyres... why can be this way?

Thank you DREDnot

Attachments

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The older bias ply tires ran at lower pressure than the newer radials. Then it can depend on the amount of load the truck is supposed to be set up for, some have higher pressure in the back than the front in some situations.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks