• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931a2 tractor unit air loss no air leaks

camoandy

Hi all andy here from the uk
got a 1989 m931a2 a rare truck over here in england problem i have with truck is slow loss of air pressure from secondry air tank when driveing truck down the road then the primary tank starts to lose air,no air leaks can be heard,but after stoping truck air pressure builds again with no problems and still no air leaks have checked the pipework to airtanks and its fitted correcty as per the tm

has anyone got any idea what problem could be

jasonjc

I'm going to assume the air compressor is build back up then dropping as you drive? Or is dropping all the way down? If compressor is build back up driving but you only show a loss driving. But not parked with the brake on , check your spring brake pots for a leak. They have pressure when moving but not parked.

camoandy

I'm going to assume the air compressor is build back up then dropping as you drive? Or is dropping all the way down? If compressor is build back up driving but you only show a loss driving. But not parked with the brake on , check your spring brake pots for a leak. They have pressure when moving but not parked.
truck running, air compressor working ok, air pressure dropping all the way down starting to lock up brakes takes about 8 mins or so, then stop truck air then builds up as normal with air leaks detected

BEASTMASTER

i 've seen that in civvy tractors. try " jabbing " the truddle valve," foot brake" a few times real quick and see if that fixes it ????

snowtrac nome

That sounds to me like a spring brake can leaking to I would also check to see all airbrake lines are closed off I don't think the 5 tons have a trailer brake knob to supply trailer brakes with air. If you preform the dot air brake test you should find the leak in short order.

Scrounger

do a google search for a dot air brake test im betting you have a leak in the parking brake release circut
This could be a leaking maxi can diaphragm. With parking brake engaged start engine and built to full air. Chock the tires. Then turn off engine. Release the parking brake and then check for air leaks.

camoandy

M931a2 tractor unit air loss

think I have found the problem with the air loss problem I have
with truck up to temp and full air tanks and the hand brake on,Engine not running I could hear a very faint air leak coming from the air intake stack,Secondry air tank showing air loss. When footbrake was applied very slightly the air leak could not be heard suspect treadle valve to at fault
anyone else had this problem

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
think I have found the problem with the air loss problem I have
with truck up to temp and full air tanks and the hand brake on,Engine not running I could hear a very faint air leak coming from the air intake stack,Secondry air tank showing air loss. When footbrake was applied very slightly the air leak could not be heard suspect treadle valve to at fault
anyone else had this problem
Let the parking brake off. the inversion valve on the parking brake bypasses air thru the stack if the o ring is bad and this leaks air out of the stack. Removing the white line off of the bottom side under the cab or whatever line it is in the cab on those small.small lines will tell you if it's that or not

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks