Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 16.00 on M929A2, pros and cons

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CNC2013 View Post
    ... I have been considering the height of the where the hitch would be with the truck on 53ís as compared to where my pin box is at. Currently my pin box is at 53Ē so it might be too high on 53ís. Iíve got my axles flipped on my camper for height already to match my 3/4 ton but I am thinking now I may have to stick with 46ís.
    I wouldnít let that be my deciding factor. 16.00ís just look cool as all get out. When you air them down to 15-20 lbs for sand, they are going to get better traction in the sand, since your footprint is larger.

Lots of plans and photos on here about dropped receiver hitches. There was even a winch thread with ďhardheadĒ showing a well built dropped receiver hitch plate. Lots of guys have done them on deuce and 5 tons.

Also, you might be able to change out your tongue to an adjustable height hitch. Add a drop hitch, and you are level!

No offense to the 395ís out there, but ... well ... they look tiny. Donít do that to your rig!

Private
    Thanks

I agree and there are a number of trucks out here running several differ tire sizes so what you are saying makes sense.. small tire big truck, might as well shine it and go cruise the mall.. ha ha ha ha

Yes hearing protection is a must, I have seen numerous videos and all said the same thing.

you guys are awesome and thank you for all the help and advice. I’m sure I’ll have more questions once I have the truck and I am going through it in my drive way.

Private
    Thanks

tobyS - Sorry for hijacking your thread....I honestly didn't think it was going to carry on this far but hopefully you are getting some good advice as well from these experienced guys.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,671 Times in 1,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CNC2013 View Post
    tobyS - Sorry for hijacking your thread....I honestly didn't think it was going to carry on this far but hopefully you are getting some good advice as well from these experienced guys.
    No problem. If I had the horsepower I would use them. I especially like them with a 4x4 809 series....but that is another MV dream. Darn it sucks to be cash poor.
    M35A3 4x4 "Money Pit"
    M929A2
    (14) 5 tons bought and sold

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4