• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flywheel to Torque converter?

CivilEGR

I'm getting reading to pull my bad engine and replace it with a used one I picked up and checked out. I was reading TM 9-2320-289-34 and in a couple of locations it mentions making sure to mark the flywheel to torque converter location. Seeing as I'm using a replacement engine, how do I know how to set the flywheel to get it to line up?

richingalveston

i read that also with my build. not sure why the say that, the flywheel has a dowl pin so i only goes on one way, this gets the weight in the right place. with regards to the torque converter, it bolts up as long as the holes line up which it does in any possition. there are no weights on the torque converter so i hope someone here has a better answer than me. i have unbolted and bolted my torque converter many times and never worried about it being in the same possition. And i have not had any issues with the torque converter.

hope some one can answer but i don't think it matters.
Rich

cucvmule

collector of stuff
I will look in shop manual for the reference as I remember same but never a reason for. Having replaced several 6.2 transmissions and 6 bolt converters, engine replacements, I make sure dowel pin is there, flexplate is not cracked, blue Loctite is on threads of all bolts, and bolt flexplate up in proper position, push converter all the way onto trans. Lug up bellhousing, pull converter forward and blue Loctite bolts for converter.

CivilEGR

I figured it had aligning pins, so it wouldn't make a difference. Good to know it won't.

Any other tips for taking an engine out? Any stubborn bolts that I'm going to come across?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks