• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7 ton purchase advice

garwhal21

Good morning. Been a lurker for a long time. I am looking to purchase a 7 ton osh kosh MK23 from an auction site in California. I have struggled finding if I need to have any special permits or driving licensure because of the 7 ton class. There are a couple from 2001-2003. Does anyone have any advice I may be able to glean from your in-valuable knowledge base. I am knew to the bigger trucks and excited to get my feet wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

m715mike

garwhal21

Man, I am a doughead. I moved to Utah and did not update my profile. Let me research that site regardless and see if it links to Utah rules.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Members gunzy or Red would be the best people to ask for the Utah guidelines on the truck

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I was told, as long as the truck won’t be used for commercial purposes, your regular Utah DL should cover it (as long as it’s for non-commercial use only).

Gunzy

I have a HEMTT M985 and as it is NOT for commercial use I am not required a CDL in Utah. These aren't much different that a 40' Diesel pusher M/H with air brakes as far as vehicle class. When you get one we would love to see it a check it out. If you aren't already there you should go joint Utah Military Vehicles on FB. Many of us in Utah are there and it is a great bunch of folks like here.

garwhal21

I have a HEMTT M985 and as it is NOT for commercial use I am not required a CDL in Utah. These aren't much different that a 40' Diesel pusher M/H with air brakes as far as vehicle class. When you get one we would love to see it a check it out. If you aren't already there you should go joint Utah Military Vehicles on FB. Many of us in Utah are there and it is a great bunch of folks like here.
I will do that as soon as I acquire the truck. Thank you for the lead into a local group.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks