• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering box failure / cracking

Reworked LMTV

I note that one of our members had a steering box failure, with a large crack in the body. Any thoughts as to what might cause this? Have others had the same issue?

coachgeo

if your speaking of Sean Filner on video.... don't think he is a member here... just Facebook. Good fellow. It broke in an experiment with using a hydraulic driven AC compressor. He made some mistakes which result put too much pressure through the steering pump and grenaded it.

He replaced it.... re did things and now steering is back to spec and Hummer Red Dot AC is working. See his video for more info.

Last edited:

yertnamreg

Any thoughts on his A/C setup? My concern is that the power steering pump will go next due to the increased load, but I'm not a hydraulics expert.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks