• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1046 Door Armor Louvers

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not armor.

It's a Combat Identification Panel (cip), changes how the vehicle looks through infrared to more easily identify friendly vehicles at night. Same piece as on the middle of the hood.
Not on the rear doors because it's not necessary there, and not all HMMWVs have rear doors.
Basically just a piece of sheet metal with a bunch of bends in it to hold it away from the vehicle body, so it shows up darker than the rest of the vehicle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Identification_Panel

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some photos of a set I have. These are the type that would go on the sides of a Humvee behind the back doors, or on other vehicles. The bracket mounts to the vehicle, the panels then slide into the bracket.

Cheers

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the kind of panel I have installed on a Humvee. And yes, they put the panel in the bracket upside down, despite the fact that it has instructions painted on it!
Maybe they meant to do it that way, since it looks like the one on the further green Humvee is also inverted.
This appears to be at the Iraq training area on Fort Irwin.

Cheers

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks