• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Deuce!

dvdrom

Hey all,

I've been on the forum for a little while and learned a lot. Wanted to let you know I picked up my first deuce this weekend! It's a 1987 AM General M35A2.

After getting it home noticed that the high pressure fuel pump was leaking so that will be a project I need to research and try to fix :) I will be working on the registration/title this week as well.

Truck_resize.jpg

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all,

I've been on the forum for a little while and learned a lot. Wanted to let you know I picked up my first deuce this weekend! It's a 1987 AM General M35A2.

After getting it home noticed that the high pressure fuel pump was leaking so that will be a project I need to research and try to fix :) I will be working on the registration/title this week as well.

View attachment 765432
That is a good looking truck. It's an addiction, be careful or you will buy another.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. I know what you mean, I'm already thinking about a 5 ton.
I ended up with a M54 and two M35's. Thought oh yeah I'll buy that one for parts then crud. It ran so I couldn't part it out so....

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

fasttruck

Don't make a move without the pubs: an operators manual, organizational maintenance manual and a lubrication order. There is a data plat on the right side of the dashboard that lists the relevant publications. Maintenance on these things is more intense that an automobile and you neglect it at your own peril. Grease is cheap: parts cost money. Be guided accordingly.

M35A27707

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great Truck,

Congrats...I went to look at it and it was the “Best” one I have seen searching the web...I just did not have the funds at the time...so enjoy...one day I will be a deuce owner... V/R M35A27707

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking Deuce and you will have fun with it. As was mentioned earlier I cannot suggest strongly enough that a complete set of maintenance and operators manual will go miles towards your enjoyment of the truck. You got a beauty the opp manuals will fill you in everything ever written about the truck and I do mean that! Enjoy and be safe!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks