• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A Diodes

Faw

I have a MEP-002A which is not generating any power. I tried looking for someone to fix it, but I have been unsuccessful (live in PR). During all that hurricane Irma/Maria mess the generator kept us going (7 months without power sucks). I really would like to fix it because this thing is a beast, rock solid.

Since I haven't found anyone I tried checking things myself, so I downloaded the technical manuals.

Did the tests with the meter like the manual says and the voltage regulator is ok. Event tested the voltage regulator on a MEP-003A and it works. The manual says its either voltage regulator or diodes. The manual says what I have to do with schematics, but I rather look at some pictures or video if they exist before I start things. Something like what to remove, what the diodes look like (cant get much from the schematics) , etc.

Guyfang

Staff member
Will the Volt meter and or frequency meter work on the Control Panel?

Where have you checked for output power? Just the J1 120 volt outlet?

Chainbreaker

One thing to check that is quick and easy...try exercising the "AC Output Reconnection Switch" back and forth a few times on the distribution box. If the contacts on that large switch, with many internal switch contacts & wafers, get oxidized/corroded they can interrupt AC output. If that switch handle will not move there are ways to free it up if required.

If that doesn't help you will have at least checked that off your troubleshooting list.

Faw

One thing to check that is quick and easy...try exercising the "AC Output Reconnection Switch" back and forth a few times on the distribution box. If the contacts on that large switch, with many internal switch contacts & wafers, get oxidized/corroded they can interrupt AC output. If that switch handle will not move there are ways to free it up if required.

If that doesn't help you will have at least checked that off your troubleshooting list.
I will check but I think that is not it either. The generator was running when it stopped giving power during the night.

Guyfang

Staff member
When you start the set, try this. Hold the S1 in the up position, instead of letting it go. Do the AC meter and freq meter needles jump up, and stay up, as long as S1 is held up?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks