• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel non return valve?

acetomatoco

Something else to malfunction. If you have a need for same, there must be a air leak in your system somewhere.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An 855 Cummins can only handle 2 psi return fuel pressure. As the pressure increases, the engine speed will increase. Eventually, you will never be able to drive the beast because the engine will idle at 2100 + RPM. Why do you want to do this?

martinsaunders06

having to crank over for up to 20 seconds to get to start from cold after having been stood for a week-im sure when i irst got truck it started on the button,had fuel pump checked and have renewed all fuel hoses and lthese lines show no leak under pressure.wondered if a non return valve in SUPPLY line at tank end would prove if fuel is draining back to tank.? how would effect the return line pressure? just something to try or perhaps a shut off tap in supply to use when switched off for a period of time.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
where i work we have a old crane with a dd in it, it had fuel drain back problems, the shop put a one way air valve right where the fuel goes into the first filter, no more problem. in the case of the 855, this same valve most likely would work right at the fuel intake on the injection. pump

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks