Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CA law

Sergeant Major
    Thanks

What threw me is they registered my military Jeep not too long ago an m38a1 about 2 years. Also the truck is last forestry so I was hoping that would be no issue. I was rather blindsided because I had to bring it in for visual inspection because of it being an out-of-state truck. I would be tempted to take it to another DMV, but the visual inspector already wrote me up paperwork for the CHP to look at it, so I believe that's in the records.

Private
    Thanks

I'm working on trying to register mine in CA now. Had a vehicle registration company look it over and said that I need an inspection since the VIN is under 17 digits. They said they would forward my paperwork over and I would be contacted since I need a referral. Guess we will see where it goes from there...
    -------
    1987 AM General M35A2

Sergeant Major
    Thanks

I just got mine done. (don't use M word at dmv (its a farm truck)). If you can, find a register that deals with/or has time in service, they are much more understanding. Its not like most of us are pulling up in humvees, troop trucks, or armored vehicles. Mine is under the 17 digit, and he called head office in Sacramento, and they had no issue at all with vin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2