• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CA law

f3504x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, i got a m37 54 w/w unit. Runs and drives just fine (even had a state title). Went to dmv, got it all registered and at the last minute i was informed that it may not be road legal because of being military.... Apparently in 2017 CA passed a law that dmv can only register ex military vehicles for off road use only (any ex military vehicle). Now i have to go to CHP to get an inspection, and they will decide its fate.... Oh ya, and no vehicles even registered are grandfathered in, may be asked to come in for verification upon registration renewal.
Its 9/27/20, i just registered our 1969 m109a3
In ca was informed that it has to be verified by the dmv after we rode it here from eastern philly in order to get the plates( all dmv fees have been paid already 1500+ ).
R&J

Saberr

I found out for military, it just best to have a registration service place to register it / vin verifie, not dmv or AAA. Especialy good if you can find a shipping/packing place that does dmv reg on the side. They usualy ship stuff for active armd forces familys and are more leanient on registering military vehicles. CA Dmv will accept a 2nd party vin verification if they a legal vin verifier.

f3504x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found out for military, it just best to have a registration service place to register it / vin verifie, not dmv or AAA. Especialy good if you can find a shipping/packing place that does dmv reg on the side. They usualy ship stuff for active armd forces familys and are more leanient on registering military vehicles. CA Dmv will accept a 2nd party vin verification if they a legal vin verifier.
That was 44 years ago for me! Lol where does the time go?

Saberr

What i meant was for military vehicles, not people. retired or active. My local postal anex does vin verification on the side. Hes registered. For $40 he walked out looked at it , went in and did the paperwork (everything was where was suppose to be and matched on the vehicle). He also does alot of shipping of care packacges out of his postal annex store for the military, so he doesn't bat an eye at what i had, thought is was neat. CA dmv accepted his verification with no issue. He said he could even do everything on his end, so no need to go to dmv.

f3504x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What i meant was for military vehicles, not people. retired or active. My local postal anex does vin verification on the side. Hes registered. For $40 he walked out looked at it , went in and did the paperwork (everything was where was suppose to be and matched on the vehicle). He also does alot of shipping of care packacges out of his postal annex store for the military, so he doesn't bat an eye at what i had, thought is was neat. CA dmv accepted his verification with no issue. He said he could even do everything on his end, so no need to go to dmv.
That is awesome! We are dealing with the dmv. So far do good, cost us just over 14k including permanent utility trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks