• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Suspension

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff, are you building a double axle 4 link w/air, 5 ton?

I have the bones off my deuce axle (still attached to the trunion, I cut the axle bolts) from the M35A3 4x4 and notice the bottom axle end can simply be turned up.... making all four axle connections from OEM parts AND keeping the same geometry for the drive-line. The 5 ton is same, just bigger (looking at my M929). Someone bobbing a 5 ton would gladly give up the extra axle mounts. Maybe you are beyond that point...just curious.

When I get it apart, I'll put these bones on the axle and take pictures. I'm going to check for using as a power trailer also, but the M105 springs are there and easy to connect to.

It seems besides you and I occasionally connecting, four link has not been a popular subject.

Last edited:

Csm Davis

Jeff, are you building a double axle 4 link w/air, 5 ton?

I have the bones off my deuce axle (still attached to the trunion, I cut the axle bolts) from the M35A3 4x4 and notice the bottom axle end can simply be turned up.... making all four axle connections from OEM parts AND keeping the same geometry for the drive-line. The 5 ton is same, just bigger (looking at my M929). Someone bobbing a 5 ton would gladly give up the extra axle mounts. Maybe you are beyond that point...just curious.

When I get it apart, I'll put these bones on the axle and take pictures. I'm going to check for using as a power trailer also, but the M105 springs are there and easy to connect to.

It seems besides you and I occasionally connecting, four link has not been a popular subject.
Have looked at the extra link option on the 5 ton before and if memory serves, which it rarely does, there's something in the way. But you will need to add a panhard rod so actually becomes 5 link

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks