• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1083 Caught fire. Has anyone removed/replaced entire cab?

M1083

Yep. She caught fire. It appears to have started on/near the generator. We have access to donor trucks. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with how big of a PITA it is to swap cabs. I am hoping they are fairly modular, with a few big plug connectors and a few airlines. Have my doubts though lol. I am also wondering if there is any reason an LMTV cab wouldn't go straight on (CTIS controller, computer, etc). Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

snowtrac nome

as long as its an a-1 to an a-1 or an a-0 to an a-0 you should be fine swapping a-1 to a-0 will be a bit more involved because of different wiring

Guyfang

Staff member
as long as its an a-1 to an a-1 or an a-0 to an a-0 you should be fine swapping a-1 to a-0 will be a bit more involved because of different wiring
Do not assume anything. Make sure, if you want to do an A1, to A1, (for instance) swap, that the NSN on your truck, is the same as the donor truck. If the NSN' are not the same, they are not the same truck, no matter how much they look alike.

pontiac62

Yertnamreg did a A1 cab to A0 chassis. Seems like one other member on here did a cab swap but can’t remember who.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Nv555 swapped a cab. Tough to lift the cab without damaging it. I took a few cabs off. Forklift over the top with padding under forks and big straps around cab. Air lines, main power, electrical connections and then the pivot and piston.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks