• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saving one from scrap-needs adopted

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave that one doesn't look too bad. When you get her home, take a few more pics and post them. gentrysgarage and some other members might be interested in an adoption.

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a weird lookin clutch pedal, maybe they converted it to hydraulic when they did the alleged swap ?

What powertrain should this truck have came with originally ?

Looks like the exact trans T-case combo I need to bring my old 52 GMC XM-211 to normalcy .

Love how the desert keeps things clean, thanks for saving it .

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the license plate says 05' so she might have worked not that long ago. Real groovy seeing the stick shift coming out of the floor. Thanks for sharing the pics on one of the most repurposed vehicles we know.

It doesn't look like the G749 tractor version M221...which would be rare. Likely an M211 or M220 version. There's a stamp on the face of the passenger frame, behind the front passenger side wheel. Data plates may get switched out but the stamp never lies. That stamp will read 1211xxxxx or 1220xxxxx.........but would be more interesting if it's stamped, 1215xxxxx or 217, 133, or the wettest one of all, the M222.

Spent some time in Blossom Valley just outside of Diego and probably drove by El Centro 10 times. I won't drive by again without buying you dinner.

DUUANE

What would be cheaper?..having it low bedded to my place...or divorce court.. hmm...:whistle: now that i have some spare tcases..my brain has decided i need some axles..so why not a whole truck..hahaha..i wish i could justify a trip to Cali..
Nice find, glad youre trying to do good by the ol beast.

gentrysgarage

Dave that one doesn't look too bad. When you get her home, take a few more pics and post them. gentrysgarage and some other members might be interested in an adoption.
Tracer, So Funny you mention me, I have been trying to free up space for this truck for awhile now, it would be a good frame for the G7123 (provided the welds for the 5th wheel didn't weaken the frame) and lots of parts for the M135. But I am afraid that the M135 is going to take longer than David Wymore's patience. I might be able to find my contact in AZ who might be able to save it....hoope I didn'tt loose it!

DavidWymore

Got the green light to drag it to my yard this weekend. Gonna try putting air in the tires and using the homebrew towbar that's on it. Should be able to use dirt/country roads through the farm country.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the green light to drag it to my yard this weekend. Gonna try putting air in the tires and using the homebrew towbar that's on it. Should be able to use dirt/country roads through the farm country.
Dave, wish you an easy and uneventful move this weekend. Wish I still resided in So. Cal. I'd come down and lend you a hand. I love seeing an old MV get rescued from abandonment and get a new lease on life. Last year we had a 1941 Chevrolet G506 1 1/2 Ton truck get rescued from a vacant lot here in town. According to one of our neighbors the truck had been in that lot for more than 30 years, so it was great to see it roll on it's own wheels to a new home. Dave if you get a break in the action take a few pics.....and Good Luck.

DavidWymore

I didn’t notice how thin the wood was on the loaned trailer, so I had to replace half of it today.

https://youtu.be/H8eJLOWS0Ps

Thanks to my wife for pulling it up. Usually I tow with my Cummins and bed mounted winch, but it doesn’t have a gooseneck hitch, and if it did, the hitch would be in the way.

I lifted the front end and wife drove truck and trailer out from under it to unload.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks