• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 805A in Texas little bit of HELP

Guyfang

Staff member
A solinoid is an electrically Actuated componet that can act as a valve, or be used to open or close things. Amoung other uses. On top of you IP, where the fuel line brings fuel into your IP, is a solinoid. It's called L1. It is used to stop the fuel being delivered to your IP. You can call it the fuel cut off solinoid, if you like. It's proper name is L1. That way it's easier and shorter to write, and less confusion.

When I label something here, like L1, S2, S7, and you don't know what the heck I am talking about, look at the Schematics on the doors of your gen set. If the Schmatices are missing, print them out. They are in the -12 manual. You can interchange the 004A and 005A Schmatices. The copys you print out are crappy. So I print out both sets, and look to see what sheet looks best. There are a few mistakes on them, but I will try and warn you about them.

The L1 is held on by 3 screws. Sometimes they have special heads, sometimes not.

cshowerton

ated componet that can act as a valve, or be used to open or close things. Amoung other uses. On top of you IP, where the fuel line brings fuel into your IP, is a solinoid. It's called L1. It is used to stop the fuel being delivered to your IP. You can call it the fuel cut off solinoid, if you like. It's proper name is L1. That way it's easier and shorter to write, and less confusion.

When I label something here, like L1, S2, S7, and you don't know what the heck I am talking about, look at the Schematics on the doors of your gen set. If the Schmatices are missing, print them out. They are in the -12 manual. You can interchange the 004A and 005A Schmatices. The copys you print out are crappy. So I print out both sets, and look to see what sheet looks best. There are a few mistakes on them, but I will try and warn you about them.

The L1 is held on by 3 screws. Sometimes they have special

I know this has been a long time since I posted on this topic..... I have finally gotten the motor in great working order.... I however can not get it to produce any electrcity..... the electronic part that is directly behind the gauges alll of the potting has melted out of it..... Any thoughts or ideas would be helpfull.

Thank you

Guyfang

Staff member
Lets stop, and take this problem to bits.

First, you say it wont make electricity? Have you tested at the load terminals? Or the 120 volt outlet? Will the hertz meter read? Will the AC volt meter read?

The box you are talking about in the control panel has nothing to do with MAKING electricity. It displays the percent of Rated Current and KW readings on the Gage's. Its called a Thermal Watt Converter. There are several in Ebay right now. I just helped someone else find one last night. NSN 6625-01-180-7579.

mciikurzroot

Supporting Vendor
MEP-005A in Texas little bit of HELP

Gentlemen

Just recently got a MEP-005A and it is pretty clean. I have two issues that I need some help with... The watt transducer seems to have leaked out all of the gell that the windings are supposed to be covered in... Is the Watt transducer bad? Should I get a new one? I found one on oshkosh for 300 is this a good deal?

Second... the motor wants to fire but I cant get fuel to it... I can get fuel to the injector pump but I can not get it to pump fuel... I have not taken it off, just taken the top off and made sure the springs were moving... I am not confident in taking the pump off...

I have read many post on here about this and I think I have a good grasp on the motor issue, wouldn't mind any more tips but I definitely need help on the watt transducer... What does it do and what might have caused this to go bad? I just dont want to spend the money on a new one and then burn it up if there is another issue.

Thank you for your help.
Send me your watt transducer p/n i mite have an extra one at a much better price .. mac/mc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks