• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 questions on our M916A1

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Hi guys I have 2 questions about our M916A1

Frist off our PTO high idle for the drum winch doesn't work
What should I check?

Second what does this air regulator do in picture?
It's on top of the transmission was leaking air.
20190517_123958.jpg

Last edited:

fasttruck

If your truck has the 16 speed caterpillar transmission it could be there to cut the brake line pressure back to a lower value required by the transmission. The cat is an air shift unit and roadrangers which also use air for the range change function have such a pressure reducer.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
If your truck has the 16 speed caterpillar transmission it could be there to cut the brake line pressure back to a lower value required by the transmission. The cat is an air shift unit and roadrangers which also use air for the range change function have such a pressure reducer.
No it has the Allison transmission.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks