• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any cool fixes for door wires getting squashed?

SausageGuy

I was trying to find out if anyone has a good way to keep door wires from getting squashed. Was looking at a transit connect rear door wire loom and thought maybe.20190513_173206.jpg20190523_141832_resized.jpgAnyone got any thing or ideas that are better?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Originally the wire is in a curved black plastic tube that slides in and out with the door. Hard to tell in your pic looks like some of it is still there.

FloridaAKM

I have the same wire problem & just keep pushing it back into the door for now. True, it only temporarily fixes the issues @ hand, but I have bigger fish to fry on this truck!

coachgeo

Originally the wire is in a curved black plastic tube that slides in and out with the door. Hard to tell in your pic looks like some of it is still there.
now that know it was intended to slide in and out.. and looking at pic.... what appears to be the part that holds that one end inside the door is partially intact. Looks like a little creativity with a hot glue gun; or the likes, to create a new lip to affix that one end inside the inside the door would solve the issue.

coachgeo

I did not know that was how it was supposed to work. I can probably use a curved piece of the air brake line that I replace and should work fine.
should..... you just got a find a way to affix it to the door.... and looking at what is remaining in the picture.. might be just as easy to fix that one since most of the stops that hold it in the door are still there.. would be interesting to see what is there under the black tape and what is inside the door. A second locking ring/piece may be inside either fallen to the bottom or still partially attached to the door? Maybe their is an image in the TM's?

Keep us posted.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks