• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

magic question m1009

Barrman

Do you mean the fitting for the pressure hose leaving the pump or the adaptor it fits into that is screwed into the pump? A flare nut wrench or better yet, a flare nut crow foot socket/wrench end will work for both.

I would suggest figuring out where the leak is above it first, cleaning it all off and maybe putting new O-rings in there as well.

319cssb

I am sure the leak is from the fitting not being tight. I think it is a 5/8 nut but the question is how to get there. I have crow feet wrenches in my GMTK, but it's near impossible to get a wrench there.

Barrman

I have had success with a crow foot, universal adapter and a long extension coming in from outside the manifold and closer to the master cylinder than the power steering pump.

nyoffroad

I had that fitting leak on one of my trucks and thought it was the line, dug around and found a used line good enough to get me home and my son and I went to fix the truck. He crawled under and turned out the line was just loose, we bought a cheap set of wrenches and cut one real short and used that. We didn't think to take any crow foots with us and the auto parts store didn't have them.

cucvrus

I would just simply remove the belts and possibly remove the pump from the brackets. I would thoroughly clean the area and reattach the pump. Make sure the fitting it tight and clocked in the correct position. That is what happens. They get the fitting tight and push the hose because the clocking in wrong for clearance when mounted and the nut gets loose. Good Luck. report back. I enjoy challenges like this.

319cssb

As much as i hate having to take the power steering pump off. I am going to do just that. I have to replace the water pump, so I will remedy this situation, i will also rebuild the alternator then. Mission creep, as they say.

cucvrus

I know you can do that. That is easy peasy stuff. Besides you know you want to tear into anyway. That is how I always am. I get into things I never dealt with before on a weekly basis. I do my research and look at parts break downs and tear into it. The mechanics what you to think it is rocket science when it is actually just a jig saw puzzle that requires getting very dirty and challenging the mind. You can do it. Report back. Remember the water pump requires removing the entire front timing cover so you will need to remove the PS pump anyway. Unless you know something I don't know. Good Luck. Make sure all the parts are clean and painted before reassembly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks