• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 wrecker King of Obsolete

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The square ended item you think is a plug of some kind is actually the end of one of the hydraulic motor rotor shafts. You will see it spinning as the motor drives the winch which is why your goo did not stay on it. Hydraulic system pressure in the motor is what causes it to leak. I have had no problems with any of them so I have not had any apart. I would assume I would find o-rings in the cover around the shaft as mentioned by another member. I always assumed that they are on the motors on the wrecker so in case of hydraulic failure poor old "soldier two" helper as mentioned in military manuals could turn it manually to get out of a problem of some kind.

Hello King! Marty Sacks here. Very good to see you on this site! We did some clutch/transmission trading a few years ago so you could put a GMC 702 V-12 in one of your cats. How did that work out? The wrecker would certainly help with things like that! We wonder how we did what we used to do without it. Much safer and more precisely maneuverable than using a loader to lift heavy parts, change engines, etc.! Enjoy it!
never got that project finished because I got other new and more interesting projects. the Green Toy was acquired and has been very handy around the Kingdom.

thansk

The square ended item you think is a plug of some kind is actually the end of one of the hydraulic motor rotor shafts. You will see it spinning as the motor drives the winch which is why your goo did not stay on it. Hydraulic system pressure in the motor is what causes it to leak. I have had no problems with any of them so I have not had any apart. I would assume I would find o-rings in the cover around the shaft as mentioned by another member. I always assumed that they are on the motors on the wrecker so in case of hydraulic failure poor old "soldier two" helper as mentioned in military manuals could turn it manually to get out of a problem of some kind.
will keep you posted on the repair so others learn. this website has an excellent search button.

thansk

3 weeks ago we towed the water truck and today it tossed a code so we towed it again. then I had to use the Green Toy to lift up a bit so I could get the safety chain unhooked. the outriggers for the Green Toy are on a pallet ready to be serviced before being installed back on the Green Toy. oh the fun we have at the end of the world, lol

thansk

Attachments

it was a relaxing day working on the Green Toy. I had to mount the air cleaner back on so I whipped a few quick mounts. it might be all summer before the work is completed for the fenders to go back on. oh well these projects take time. I also strapped the hood down in case I get the Green Toy in to 5th gear and fear and common sense is not holding me back in hitting top speed. since the park brake handle sticks up and as you try and slide off the seat it pokes you in the bum. I whipped up a granny step so the bum slide does not hurt when getting out of the seat.

thansk

Attachments

since i made a temporary battery box out of wood that will most likely be on the truck for the next 20 years, i decided i better splash the black paint on it. i also whipped up a master key to reach in and turn the master switch on or off so i don't have to keep removing the plywood to reach in. working smarter not harder is the way to go.

thansk

Attachments

since 2004 I have been moving this Vee Plow around the Kingdom and on this father's day I decided to move the Vee Plow from the back of the Kingdom to the front of the Kingdom just to say I did it with the Green Toy. plus I got to learn more on how to use or not to use the Green Toy. the pictures do not show the angles or slopes involved which is great fun when the Green Toy only has the bark brake for means of stopping and if that fails the closest tree will work.

thansk

Attachments

after the big move of the vee plow I took the passenger door latch apart to see what the problem is and of course it is worn out. oh well I used the Mr. Bean latch to hold the door close so the ladys don't fall out. today after splashing paint around the Kingdom, my son xena took a selfie of me beside the Green Toy.

thansk

Attachments

we acquired the mukeg buggie last summer and still working on it. they were very popular in the 1950-60s. i'll toss a 350 chevy small block in and I just had the auto trans custom rebuilt with shift kits for power and sound.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.kingofobsolete.ca/Bombardier_Muskeg%20_Buggy_WEBPAGE.html

thansk
[/FONT]

it was a busy day in the Kingdom with the Green Toy. first we shoved the bombardier in the van trailer for summer storage. then went and lifted off a jeep for a lowbed truck. plus we held the jeep up while he hook the semi up to it. a lot easier that way then using the factory legs.

thansk

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks