• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 wrecker King of Obsolete

it has been a while since I have posted but my M816 wrecker is still being used in the cold weather at the end of the world. the Green Toy was handy in unloading the recovered beech 18 that we finally brought back tot he Kingdom after 4 years since we salvaged it.

thansk

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed you posted about changing the tires to fit chains on them.

FWIW, it should have 11.00-20 tires originally. And chains should fit them.

Another Ahab

it has been a while since I have posted but my M816 wrecker is still being used in the cold weather at the end of the world. the Green Toy was handy in unloading the recovered beech 18 that we finally brought back tot he Kingdom after 4 years since we salvaged it.

thansk
Wrecker is a "beaut", and so is the Beechcraft, nice!

Are you planning on making the Beechcraft airworthy again?!

I noticed you posted about changing the tires to fit chains on them.

FWIW, it should have 11.00-20 tires originally. And chains should fit them.
yes 1100x20 are on the Green Ty but just no room for the tire chain between the tire and spring. it hard to say the bushing on the rearend might be worn out causing the rearend to be moving. or I have too big of tire chains. thansk

Wrecker is a "beaut", and so is the Beechcraft, nice!

Are you planning on making the Beechcraft airworthy again?!
the beech 18 will be only for google earth to take pictures of as it flys over the Kingdom. the plane is in rough shape because it did a wheels up landing with a right engine fire. this cause the cock pit to burn. they stripped it and dragged it out on to the ice only to have it land beside the beech 18 I was looking for. I just salvaged the wrong one but this summer we will get the correct plane. the Green Toy might be going on a road trip. thansk

Another Ahab

the beech 18 will be only for google earth to take pictures of as it flys over the Kingdom. the plane is in rough shape because it did a wheels up landing with a right engine fire. this cause the cock pit to burn. they stripped it and dragged it out on to the ice only to have it land beside the beech 18 I was looking for. I just salvaged the wrong one but this summer we will get the correct plane. the Green Toy might be going on a road trip. thansk
I used to work with an air reservist (F4-Phantoms, Kansas Air National Guard).

I remember him tellimg me once that ANY landing you can walk away from is a good landing.

it was a fun day in the wet snow and mud and then the rains came as we were mounting the box on the Double Skis using the Green Toy which made it easier then using the fork lift that would be stuck in the mud.

thansk

Attachments

oh my, i have not been on here in a long time but i am back now. the Green Toy is still being used around the Kingdom and having fun during the covid 19 lock downs. the government of canada locked us down tight so in september i started writing more books and in january they went on amazon. my winter road book series features the Green Toy and i am writing the last and final 10th book in the series which has the Green Toy on the cover.

thansk

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks